A lowered floor conversion refers to the lowering of the floor in the area between the rear axle to the front firewall. A ramp is added to the vehicle at the same time. These modifications allow for flexible seating and ease of access. Whether you are the passenger or the driver a lowered floor can accommodate your needs. For drivers the vehicle can be outfitted with modifications to the vehicle controls to accommodate your needs.
Measurements are taken to ensure that wheelchair users get the right clearance above their head for safe entry/exit of vehicle, and are able to sit at the same eye level as everyone else in the van.
Conval-Aid/Liftability can help you decide between side entry, rear entry, full or half conversion, and what vehicle you should purchase.
Talk to us to book your expert consultation.
Book a Consultation Online
Savaria (formerly Van Action) is the largest manufacturer of wheelchair minivan conversions in Canada and a leading accessibility company in North America. From wheelchair lifts, to home elevators and accessible vehicles, they are the company that brings mobility to people in the home, in transportation and in public spaces.
Savaria conversions meet all FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) and CMVSS (Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) requirements.
Savaria conversions are compatible with these vehicles:
- Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan
- Chrysler Pacifica minivan (coming soon)
Visit the Savaria Website >
Side Entry Lowered Floor
- Removable front passenger seat/optional removable drivers seat
- Rail drainage system in floor to keep water away
- Stainless steel reinforced floor
- For up to 6 passengers.
- Spare tire lies flat in the trunk.
- OEM replacement parts used in conversion
Learn More About Side Entry Full Conversions from Savaria >
Half Conversion Lowered Floor
When you want the convenience of a side entry access with the wheelchair position in the second row the side entry entry ‘short floor’ is the perfect solution. Half conversions are also much more budget-friendly, because a smaller area of the van floor is lowered.
- For up to 5 passengers plus 1 wheelchair passenger.
- Retains storage space in the back of the vehicle
- Stainless steel reinforced floor.
- Light bi-fold ramp that's easy to open and close
- OEM replacement parts used in conversion.
Learn More About Side Entry Half Conversions from Savaria >
Rear Entry Lowered Floor
Rear entry vans are great for larger/longer wheelchairs, and narrow driveways and garages.
- Ramp has gentle slope and is easy to open and close.
- Lots of seating options so to fit all of your passengers.
- Lightweight, bi-folding ramp is easy to open and close.
Learn More About Savaria Rear Entry Lowered Floor Conversions >
Vantage Mobility International (VMI) is one of the first manufacturers of wheelchair van conversions, and is still one of the largest. VMI built their first wheelchair-accessible minivan for a family friend, and introduced their first official vehicle in 1987.
VMI conversions are compatible with:
- Dodge Grand Caravan minivan
- Honda Odyssey minivan
- Chrysler Pacifica minivan
- Toyota Sienna minivan
Visit the VMI Website >
Side Entry Lowered Floor
There are lots of options for these conversions, including:
- Great for taller wheelchair users.
- Unique in-floor ramp allows for increased interior space for maximum wheelchair maneuverability.
- Obstruction-free doorway.
- Lots of options for seating of all passengers.
Learn More About VMI Conversions >